Camping Dinner Ideas
It is a well known fact that camping requires a lot of physical effort which can build up of huge appetite. People are generally worried about the food items to carry along which will not require much of time or effort to be prepared. While camping every person wants to be adventurous and get absorbed in the beauty of nature rather than preparing meals. There are a plethora of options available when it comes to preparing easy food. All you need to do is to research a little before planning out.
Here is a list of some tasty recipes that you can whip to satiate everybody’s hunger:
- Macaroni and cheese is one combination that brings water to everybody’s mouth. Add cheese sauce, hot sauce and pepper-jack cheese to make the noodles creamier and tastier. The noodles don’t take much time to boil, are easier to carry and with the addition of sauce you can whip up a sumptuous meal.
- Use different kinds of rice like wild rice and brown rice instead of the boring white rice. Spice it up by adding fresh vegetables, black beans or red beans (packed ones). You can also try making fried rice instead of the boiled one.
- 3 minute pizza is also a good option and can be prepared using pita bread, mozerella cheese, spaghetti sauce and other toppings as desire. It is easy to prepare and is relatively popular among all age groups.
- You can also prepare hot dogs and portabella mushroom burgers which are children’s favorite.
- Make a quick and easy dish with dried tortellini (cooked), a little bit of oil and a package of dry Italian salad dressing mix. It turns out to be fantastic.
- Another recipe on which everybody will drizzle over is the Oriental chicken. It can be prepared by taking 1 boneless chicken breast and a cup of frozen vegetables and placing them at the centre of the foil. Add a tablespoon of hot sauce, brown sugar and garlic salt. Cook it in the camp fire and you will get a tasty recipe to win everybody’s heart.
- Place a thin hamburger patty in the center of the foil. Add thin slices of potato, carrot, onion rings, salt and pepper and wrap it up. Before serving add grated cheese.
- Backpackers’ chicken chowder is a fairly great chicken recipe for backpackers as all the ingredients are light weight and easy to carry. All you need is a pack of chicken soup mix, small can of corn, dry milk powder and a can of white chunk chicken. Mix all the ingredients and boil them to prepare a yummy meal.
These are some of the most basic ideas relating to camp food, and if you want better ideas, it is always good to talk to family or friends who go camping and find out what and how they cook on their trips so that you can have more fun prepare tasty food without much effort.